Welcome to CDU/UCLA Cancer Research Training Program,The Undergraduate Cancer Research Training Program (UCTRP) is an 8-12-week NCI sponsored research program designed for outstanding undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career in biomedical sciences. We strongly encourage diverse students interested in cancer health disparities to apply! An individualized program is developed for each undergraduate participant, who will be paired to work with a faculty Principal Investigator and associates at CDU or UCLA laboratories on a selected cancer research project. The goal of the UCRTP is to ensure that each undergraduate student acquires the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to become proficient in cancer health disparities research.
On completion of the program, each undergraduate trainee will have worked on a hypothesis-driven research project in cancer health disparities and developed a research paper (based on the findings of the ancillary project). Students will also have the opportunity to present their findings before a regional or national conference and benefit from seminar series focused on translational cancer health disparities research.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 4,2019
STIPEND: Up to $5,000 for 12 weeks commitment
- Low income or underrepresented* undergraduate freshmen, sophomores, juniors, & non-graduating seniors.
- Pursuing a career in biomedical-related sciences with health disparities focus.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Successful completion of college-level general biology and chemistry.
- No prior research experience required.
Semester track May 20 – August 9, 2019
Quarter track June 17- September 6, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out application form
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Official Transcript ( please upload with application)
Telephone: (323) 563-4853